The Doulas of the Hudson Valley know that one of the responsibilities of a doula is to mother the mother. It means we help to support her, love her and care for her so she can focus on her baby. It helps her to transition into motherhood without feeling lost in the process. This giveaway is all about mothering the mother.
1. Mini-Facial by Maritday*. This facial includes makeup removal and skin cleansing, facial massage, a treatment mask, serum/moisturizer and sunblock.
Martiday is a Licensed Master Aesthetician, Certified Doula, Ordained Minister, Educator, Makeup Artist and Certified Biblical Nutrition and Holistic Health Coach.
Maritday Rodriguez - http://www.amaritday.com
2. Belly Casting or Henna with Tara*. Belly casting is a wonderful souvenir to remember your beautiful pregnant belly. Henna, the art of using plant based temporary ink on draw on the skin, is a fun thing to do late in pregnancy especially followed by a photo shoot.
Tara Schatzel is a DONA trained Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula and ICEA trained Childbirth Educator. An artist by nature, Tara specializes in celebrating the pregnancy with belly casting, henna body art and photography. As a licensed cosmetologist for 25 years with a salon in her home she offers private manicure and pedicures as well as barber services.
Tara Schatzel- http://www.gentlecaredoulaservice.com/about-us.html
(914) 388 4533
3. $50 Heartsfull Gift Certificate*. This gift certificate can be used toward a variety of services including massage, doula support, belly basting, chakra cleansing & customized ceremony.
Angelique Devlin is a NY licensed massage therapist; a CAPPA and DONA trained birth doula and a Lamaze trained Childbirth Educator.
Angelique Devlin - http://heartsfull.massagetherapy.com
4. 6-12 month earflap hat handmade by Liz. This delicately made earflap hat is a beautiful lilac color with a hint of sparkle.
Liz Fernandez, CD, LCSW is a certified birth doula through DONA and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Liz is also training to become a Certified Lactation Consultant and Childbirth Educator through Childbirth International. She has office hours by appointment in New Paltz, Kingston and Poughkeepsie.
Liz Fernandez - http://www.empoweredmothercounseling.com
5. Lady’s Hands, Lion’s Heart. Often laugh-out-loud funny and irreverent, occasionally disturbing and deeply sorrowful, LADY'S HANDS, LION'S HEART is the saga of Ms. Leonard's fated journey as a young midwife. Her story intertwines three threads: her dedication to the mothers and babies she was groomed to attend; the growing renaissance, despite formidable opposition, of the profession of midwifery in New Hampshire and then in the United States; and finally, a powerful, tragic love story.
6. Breastpads and rice sock. Reusable breastpads are a must have for all new moms. The rice sock is perfect to ease all your sore spots. Put it in the microwave to use as a heat pack to release sore muscles or store in the freezer to put on bumps and bruises.
Kayla McCullen is the crafty mom who handmade these gifts. She is a mother and trained birth doula.
Kayla McCullen - https://www.facebook.com/SacredLotusDoula
*All in home services include up to 45 minutes of travel time from the doulas individual Hudson Valley location. Any locations further than this may incur an additional traveling fee.
Doulas of the Hudson Valley
Many of the doulas on this website will be contributing to this blog.