Doula Week Giveaway #2
“Bonding is the intense attachment that develops between parents and their baby. It makes parents want to shower their baby with love and affection and to protect and nourish their little one. Bonding gets parents up in the middle of the night to feed their hungry baby and makes them attentive to the baby's wide range of cries.” (source: http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/communicating/bonding.html#)
Doulas help assist with bonding. We educate you during pregnancy, support you during birth, and care for you during the postpartum period. All these things help you to feel loved, cared for and empowered. All these things will help you to bond with your baby.
1. Private Infant Massage Class by Jennifer.* Jennifer will come to your house and teach mom and dad how to massage their infant. Infant massage promotes bonding, helps parents to tune into their baby’s cues, helps baby sleep better and more. Class includes a detailed booklet and personal bottle of massage oil.
Jennifer Knapp is a Birth Arts trained Birth Doula and a Loving Touch® Certified Infant Massage Instructor. It wasn’t until the birth of her first child that she realized she loved all things birth and babies. With each of her children her desire to learn more about natural birth and parenting grew more and more. After the birth of her third and final baby she knew that being involved with pregnancy and birth was what she wanted and needed to do.
Jennifer Knapp- http://www.sildoula.com
2. Birth Relaxation Session with Johanna.* Johanna, National Guild of Hypnotists certified Consulting Hypnotist, will guide you through a one hour long relaxation session.
Johanna D’Aleo CD(DONA), HCBE, CLC is an experienced labor and postpartum doula, certified HypnoBirthing Educator and Childbirth Educator offering doula support, private or group child birth classes and breastfeeding support as a Certified Lactation Counselor. She also offers belly casting and placenta dehydration/encapsulation. Johanna is also DONA certified in the use of a TENS unit during labor.
Johanna D’Aleo - http://calmdoula.com
3. $50 Placenta Encapsulation Gift Certificate from Courtney. Ingesting your encapsulated placenta helps to prevent the “baby blues”, increases milk production, shortens healing time and can increase the mothers energy level.
Courtney Durfee, CLD(CAPPA), CD(DONA), HCHD, CLC, is a Certified HypnoBabies Childbirth Hypnosis Doula and Trained HypnoBirthing Doula. She is a mother to one wonderful little boy and currently resides in Montgomery, NY. She provides consistent and caring support for pregnant women of the Hudson Valley and their families during pregnancy, birth and beyond. Courtney also offers Commemorative Placenta Preparation & Encapsulation, as an Independent Placenta Services Provider.
Courtney Durfee - http://www.placentaservice.com
4. Gentle Baby by Young Living Oils donated by Maritday. Gentle Baby™ is a soft, fragrant combination of essential oils designed specifically for mothers and babies. It helps calm emotions during pregnancy and is useful for quieting troubled little ones.
5. Breastpads and rice sock. Reusable breastpads are a must have for all new moms. The rice sock is perfect to ease all your sore spots. Put it in the microwave to use as a heat pack to release sore muscles or store in the freezer to put on bumps and bruises.
Kayla McCullen is the crafty mom who handmade these gifts. She is a mother and trained birth doula.
Kayla McCullen - http://www.facebook.com/SacredLotusDoula
*All in home services include up to 45 minutes of travel time from the doulas individual Hudson Valley location. Any locations further than this may incur an additional traveling fee.
3/25/2014 02:37:47 am
3/25/2014 02:38:45 am
Yes, it is!! I wish I was more educated and knowledgeable prior to this pregnancy so I could have taken advantage of it with m other children!
3/25/2014 02:46:37 am
Yes! we plan to encap ours!
3/25/2014 09:39:17 am
About placenta encapsulation, the truth is that the thought of it kind of grosses me out. I'm not close minded, just can't get past the thought of ingesting it. Sorry but I don't think it's for me.
3/25/2014 10:33:48 am
I want to try it this time.
3/25/2014 11:49:28 am
I definitely noticed a difference between how I was was postpartum without the encapsulated placenta and with it. If I ever have another baby, I would definitely encapsulate again.
3/25/2014 11:54:01 am
Yes Courtney is the best!!
3/25/2014 01:22:32 pm
I definitely plan to get the placenta encapsulation this time around. This is my second child and I wish I had done it the first time! I've heard so many positive benefits from it.
3/26/2014 12:21:41 am
I would love to encapsulate my placenta. I wish I knew about it with my other 3 children
Leave a Reply.
Doulas of the Hudson Valley
Many of the doulas on this website will be contributing to this blog.