1. Nutritional Consultation with Maritday*. Most approaches to nutrition dwell on calories, carbs, fats, proteins. Instead of creating lists of restrictions and good and bad foods, I coach my clients to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun and free of denial and discipline.
No one diet works for everyone. I will guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices that best support you. I will also help you to make gradual, lifelong changes that enable you to reach your current and future health goals.
Maritday Rodriguez - http://www.amaritday.com
2. Breastfeeding session with Lijah*. There is nothing better than to have another woman sit with you in your home and observe you breastfeeding. Lijah can help with common issues, such as latch and positioning, sore nipples, supply, back to work, pumping.
Lijah Friedman, CLC, CD, is a Prenatal, Labor Support & Postpartum Doula, Certified Lactation Counselor , Life Documentation Photographer and Placenta Services Provider. A doula since 1994, Lijah provides practical support, guidance and education to women and their families. She is knowledgeable about acupressure, aromatherapy, yoga, visualization and relaxation techniques.She also has formal training in photography from the International Center for Photography and also provides photography services for prenatal, birth, postpartum, and life documentation.
Lijah Friedman - http://lijahfriedman.wordpress.com
3. Pregnancy or lactation cookies made by Rachel. A nice treat for mom, these homemade organic cookies are always gluten, egg, soy and dairy free.
Rachel is a DONA International trained birth Doula and is a certified Sacred Postpartum practitioner. Rachel has always loved working with children and families; she followed her heart to birth work and is honored to support women and families through prenatal, labor, and postpartum.
As a Doula and Restorative Postnatal Care practitioner, I accompany women through prenatal, labor, and postpartum stages to help ensure a safe and supported birth. While I do not have children yet, I have worked with families and babies since I was a young girl and have always been drawn to supporting women in all transitions in life. I draw on my knowledge, experience, and intuition to provide what a mother and her partner need to best bring their baby into the world, creating and holding energetic space along with them, whether in a hospital, birth center, or at home. I’m independent and self-employed. As your Doula, I am working for you. From body healing to emotional support, informative guidance to birthing techniques, I am there to nurture and support the needs of each mother and her family. I believe in the birth process and that each woman needs the love and support to trust her own body and listen to her intuition.
Rachel Jakobs - https://www.facebook.com/BabyWhispererDoula
(Actual cookies not pictured and may differ in look than those in picture. Taste will still be delicious)
4. $25 Waddle n Swaddle gift card donated by Lisle. With locations in Rhinebeck and Poughkeepsie, Waddle n Swaddle Boutique has you covered for all your pregnancy and breastfeeding needs.
Lisle (prounounced "Leal") Pepe is a DONA certified Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula serving women throughout the Hudson Valley. After the natural births of her children over 20 years ago, she became very interested in becoming a birth doula but was busy teaching elementary school and raising her 3 young children. Once becoming an empty nester, she pursued her dream of becoming a doula and feels honored to be a part of such an empowering and intimate experience for a woman (and her partner).
Lisle offers continual doula support throughout labor as well as prenatal and postpartum support. She strongly believes having a doula greatly enhances the entire birth experience and is committed to giving women a calm, empathetic, and comfortable setting for their own unique birth. Lisle is deeply respectful of each woman's desires and strives to assist the woman (and her partner) in having a beautiful and positive birth experience.
5. Breastpads and rice sock. Reusable breastpads are a must have for all new moms. The rice sock is perfect to ease all your sore spots. Put it in the microwave to use as a heat pack to release sore muscles or store in the freezer to put on bumps and bruises.
Kayla McCullen is the crafty mom who handmade these gifts. She is a mother and trained birth doula.
Kayla McCullen - http://www.facebook.com/SacredLotusDoula
*All in home services include up to 45 minutes of travel time from the doulas individual Hudson Valley location. Any locations further than this may incur an additional traveling fee.