Doulas support expectant families emotionally. One of the ways we support them is through birth affirmations. Birth affirmations help to ease your fears and anxieties. They help to open your mind and remove mental blockages. They free you to have the birth you were meant to have. Birth affirmations are helpful both prenatally and during birth.
I will have a strong and healthy baby.
I accept myself completely here and now.
My body is meant to give birth.
I am at peace.
I am completely relaxed and comfortable.
I have courage, faith and patience.
I trust my body.
I trust the process.
I am opening like a flower.
I am a birthing goddess.
I am strong!
1. Birth Planning Session with Mavis. This session is perfect for those who have questions about how to have the birth experience you want. I will help you navigate through all the choices in planning your birth. This is especially helpful for women who want to VBAC, or have a birth without interventions in the hospital, or are considering hiring a doula.
Mavis Gewant, MA, CD, CLC, is a doula, lactation counselor and birth educator with more than 20 years in the field. She supports women during their pregnancy, birth and beyond and teaches many birth classes locally.
Mavis Gewant - http://www.gentlecaredoulaservice.com
2. IET Session with Maritday. Integrated Energy Therapy (or IET as we refer to it) is a therapy, which connects repairs and vitalizes mind, body and soul. Now what exactly does that mean? Well simply put, the human form is more than just the physical body we all see and interact with on a daily basis. Inside that body there is an energy driving it - a life source if you will. IET re-connects the mind, body and soul in order to restore the natural equilibrium that sustains life, health and happiness. During an IET treatment the therapist connects into, calls upon, and utilizes, that universal divine energy, and channels it with the assistance of the healing angels, through his/her own energy system and into the person being treated. The intention is to release blockages in order to restore and heal the vital internal life force which fuels our bodies, our emotions and our very lives. It provides the environment to allow feelings and emotions to release from the body, from their various points of refuge, so that a deep healing can occur at that site where they are 'trapped' - sometimes for years - and so restore the body to a healthy state. Once the body's energy is unblocked and restored, it can repair and heal itself, bringing about the natural state which the Divine intended for each and every one of us.
Maritday Rodriguez - http://www.amaritday.com
3. Birthing Goddess Necklace made by Angelique. This handmade clay navy sparkle birthing goddess reaches to the heavens on a purple ribbon symbolizing her connection to the Divine Creator. Looking at the lotus above her, she is reassured that even when all is not “perfect,” beauty can emerge – the beauty of the baby soon to be born & and the beauty of her own feminine strength and love rising within her.
My role as a doula and childbirth educator is to shine a light on your personal power and unique gifts during this passage of motherhood. My goal is to help provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere, so that through educational, physical, & emotional support, you feel heard and confident to make the decisions that are best for you and your baby.
As an ordained inter-faith celebrant through the Universal Life Church, I have the honor of creating & officiating ceremonies for Moms (Blessingways), baby blessings, and pregnancy/infant loss rituals.
As a massage therapist, I have the pleasure to support families pre-conception during fertility work, throughout pregnancy and beyond. Moms and dads enjoy learning infant massage as a wonderful way to bond with their babies, calm them, and help with digestive upset.
I am also available for belly casting & henna tattooing privately or for events like showers & Blessingways.
Angelique Devlin - http://www.heartsfull.com
4. $25 Illuminated Baby Gift Certificate. Illuminated Baby is a natural parenting boutique located in the heart of Woodstock.
5. Breastpads and rice sock. Reusable breastpads are a must have for all new moms. The rice sock is perfect to ease all your sore spots. Put it in the microwave to use as a heat pack to release sore muscles or store in the freezer to put on bumps and bruises.
Kayla McCullen is the crafty mom who handmade these gifts. She is a mother and trained birth doula.
Kayla McCullen - http://www.facebook.com/SacredLotusDoula
Doulas of the Hudson Valley
Many of the doulas on this website will be contributing to this blog.