Last but not least our final package. Thank you all for participating. We hope you continue to follow our blog and check out our events in the future.
Remember “ If a doula were a drug, It would be unethical not to use it” –Dr. John Kennell. If are always available for free interviews if you want to find out more about our services.
1. Earth Mama Angle Baby Natural Stretch Oil and Body Butter donated by Patti. Earth Mama Angle Baby is a product line of all natural and organic body products and teas geared toward moms and babies.
Patricia Jones, is a DONA trained Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula and CLC. Pati has always had a passion for babies and childbirth, and after the empowering birth experiences of her two children she felt becoming a doula was the right thing to do. Pati believes that every family deserves a doula and should be able to have the birth experience they have always dreamed of. She feels it’s her passion and privilege to serve women and their families through their journey of childbirth. Pati will offer supportive, caring and continuing presence in labor and into the transition of becoming a parent. Pati has an A.S in Business Management and is a leader for the Dutchess County Chapter of the Holistic Moms Network. Pati currently resides in Livingston, NY with her husband and two children, Adriana and Jack.
Patricia Jones - http://www.pathwaystobirth.org
2. 6-12 month hand knit earflap hat by Liz. Beautiful maroon and gray earflap hat. Great to save for fall or use during these cooler spring days.
Liz Fernandez, CD (DONA), LCSW is a certified birth doula through Doulas of North America International, and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Liz is also in training to become a Certified Lactation Consultant & Childbirth Educator through Childbirth International.
I have always felt that doula work is a calling, and for me this passion started over 10 years ago. I pride myself on my compassion and unique ability to connect to almost anyone, regardless of circumstance. I run a private psychotherapy practice as well, and I feel my social work background lends itself well in particular to those women coming into pregnancy with a history of depression/ anxiety, or abuse/neglect- who want support during pregnancy and labor. I also specialize in helping women who are single parents and those who have histories of births that were challenging or traumatic. My philosophy is that women should be empowered to birth however they feel safest, and as long as they are making informed choices, can and should make whatever birthing decisions they want. I am also the proud mother of my beautiful son Wesley.
Liz Fernandez- http://www.empoweredmothercounseling.com
3. 30 Minute Massage from Stana. This massage will be in her New Paltz office and tailored to the individual. She has studied Swedish, Shiatsu, Myofacial/Deep Tissue Release, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Reiki and other techniques which she combines to meet your needs.
Stana has been a licensed massage therapist since 1999 and started her career supporting families throughout pregnancy, birth & parenting as a massage therapist, doula & educator in 2002.
Originally from Brooklyn, Stana is excited to bring her expertise & support to the Hudson Valley.
She is certified in Perinatal Massage and specializes in Pregnancy and Postpartum. Though this massage can also be used for relaxation, sports, to treat a specific condition or as part of a wellness program.
Stana Weisburd, LMT
4. $25 Waddle n Swaddle Gift Certificate donated by Lisle. With locations in Poughkeepsie and Rhinebeck Waddle n Swaddle boutique covers all your pregnancy and breastfeeding needs
Lisle (pronounced "Leal") Pepe is a DONA certified Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula serving women throughout the Hudson Valley. After the natural births of her children over 20 years ago, she became very interested in becoming a birth doula but was busy teaching elementary school and raising her 3 young children. Once becoming an empty nester, she pursued her dream of becoming a doula and feels honored to be a part of such an empowering and intimate experience for a woman (and her partner).
Lisle offers continual doula support throughout labor as well as prenatal and postpartum support. She strongly believes having a doula greatly enhances the entire birth experience and is committed to giving women a calm, empathetic, and comfortable setting for their own unique birth. Lisle is deeply respectful of each woman's desires and strives to assist the woman (and her partner) in having a beautiful and positive birth experience.
5. Breastpads and rice sock. Reusable breastpads are a must have for all new moms. The rice sock is perfect to ease all your sore spots. Put it in the microwave to use as a heat pack to release sore muscles or store in the freezer to put on bumps and bruises.
Kayla McCullen is the crafty mom who handmade these gifts. She is a mother and trained birth doula.
Kayla McCullen - http://www.facebook.com/SacredLotusDoula
6. Mother-Daughter Wisdom by Christine Northrup. Mother-Daughter Wisdom introduces an entirely new map of female development, exploring the “five facets of feminine power,” which range from the basics of physical self-care to the discovery of passion and purpose in life. This blueprint allows any woman—whether or not she has children--–to repair the gaps in her own upbringing and create a better adult relationship with her mother. If she has her own daughter, it will help her be the mother she has always wanted to be.
Doulas of the Hudson Valley
Many of the doulas on this website will be contributing to this blog.